FordPass is a Ford motor company mobile app for drivers and owners. It will be available for both iOS and Android devices, and it aims to make your driving experience more convenient by providing features like remote start, roadside assistance, vehicle finder, and more. Ford also wants the app to help you save money on gas through various incentives that can be redeemed at local dealerships or supermarkets.
What is Fordpass and what does it do?
FordPass is a Ford of Canada service for Ford owners to have access to exclusive deals, content, fuel and oil levels, vehicle status and more.
Ford owners with a smartphone who want to take advantage of remote features and enjoy “mobile offices” with an app that’s always on hand that is always providing up to date vehicle data and a reliable connected service Ford Motor Company has created an excellent option for eligible vehicles.
What does it do? For starters, users can check what type of fuel they need for their car and where they might find it nearby; get directions or traffic updates; set up roadside assistance, and schedule appointments at MyFord (Ford dealership) (standard message and data rates apply).
Additionally, there are features like remote start – which lets drivers warm up the car before exiting the house in winter weather- and vehicle location tracking so you know where your car is if you’re meeting someone or just curious about its location.
Finally, Fordpass lets you know how much gas is in the tank and if you’re driving efficiently to maximize your fuel economy using a personalized dashboard that provides insight into up-to-the-minute Ford vehicle information for safe travel.
Where can you get Fordpass?
FordPass is for ford owners who want to have a connected car experience. It’s for ford owners who are interested in the latest technology and new features that will enhance their driving experience. FordPass has been designed with drivers in mind, so they can enjoy all of the benefits of being connected without having to distract themselves from what matters most-the road ahead!
What is Fordpass? Ford Pass is an app for your smartphone or tablet that gives you access to extra features on your vehicle, information about where you’re going, and helps keep track of how much fuel you have left. Once you download the app for free onto your device it will work in conjunction with Bluetooth® connectivity between your phone and vehicle to provide easy
How to use Fordpass
The FordPass app can be downloaded for free whether you own a Ford vehicle or not. To enjoy it to its full capacity you’ll want to add in a Fordpass capable vehicle by VIN to the app once you have one.
Benefits of Fordpass
Once it has been installed, the app will provide all of the latest information about your Ford truck, car, or SUV including:
- An accurate GPS navigation system that is able to monitor traffic conditions and suggests alternate routes in real-time (so you don’t have to worry about missing your next appointment)
- The ability for ford owners to set up their vehicle for easy access and use (no more fumbling for keys in the morning, simply tap on the app and you’re good to go!)
- 24/hour roadside assistance directly through FordPass (if there’s an issue along the way such as a flat tire or running out of gas, just call into Fordpass and we’ll be able to get someone out right away!)
- Provides a connected wi fi hotspot. Turn your vehicle into a mobile office through the connected service from Ford Motor Company and enjoy in vehicle connectivity settings from the Fordpass app.
- Enjoy download and installing your favourite apps! Get apps like Spotify, Waze, and more (check out our list here).
FordPass will also help keep track of routine maintenance for optimal car performance including:
- Monitoring oil changes so that it never gets too low or runs dry while driving. This can cause serious mechanical damage if left unattended over time and the ability to see your vehicle health in the palm of your hand is comforting!
- Tracking tire pressure for Ford vehicles to make sure that they are maintained and inflated at optimal levels (this can help save money on gas over time as well).
- Remote start is a necessity in the cold weather here in Canada but one of the coolest features with Fordpass is the ability to setup schedules so you don’t have to worry about forgetting to start your vehicle most mornings when it’s cold outside!
- Keeping track of all maintenance services for Ford vehicles with a simple tap. FordPass will be able to keep up with oil changes, tire rotations, brake checkups and more!
- Find your vehicle remotely. With GPS monitoring you can get vehicle health alerts, or worse case scenario find your vehicle in case it gets stolen by sending.
Drawbacks of Fordpass
Fordpass gives you access to features like account management, roadside assistance, remote locking and unlocking of your car, location tracking with enhanced navigation. There are also some drawbacks to using Fordpass that you’ll want to be aware of before getting started with the service.
While not necessarily a big disadvantage, you can’t use Fordpass to purchase or shop for your new Ford model, it will provide a link directly to the Ford Canada website where you can shop through all available makes and models, we’d love to see this capability built right into the app one day.
The service isn’t perfect and sometimes can be down due to service issues or upgrades being done to the platform.
If you’re concerned with data or privacy issues Ford does have access to information in the app but all data is kept secure (as long as your own account doesn’t get compromised on your behalf)
Why should I download Fordpass today?
Ford owners who are interested in the latest technology and new features that will enhance their driving experience will want to download this incredible app and start experiencing all the benefits it has to offer.
Designed with drivers in mind, they can enjoy all of the benefits of being connected without having to distract themselves from what matters most-the road ahead! The app for your smartphone gives you access to extra features on your vehicle, information about where you’re going, and helps keep track of how much fuel you have left.
Once downloaded for free onto your device it will work in conjunction with Bluetooth® connectivity (Android Auto & Apple Carplay) between your phone and vehicle to provide easy navigation while also providing 24/hour roadside assistance directly through FordPass (if there’s an issue along the way such as a flat tire or running out of gas, just call into Fordpass and we’ll be able to get someone out right away!)
For Ford owners who want a way to keep track of all their maintenance services and keep an eye on the vitals for your Ford vehicle, this app has it all.
If you’re looking for even more features in the future or want to stay updated about new technology innovations from Ford, simply register your email through Fordpass and they’ll send out updates as soon as any information becomes available.
By registering for this service today, it’s possible to have access within minutes so there is no risk involved if you decide later down the road that you’d like to become the owner of a new Ford vehicle with your local dealer at Windsor Ford.